Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I' ll see you in Paris, by Michelle Gable




I got this book on Netgalley for an honest review, and it was overall four stars for me.


This is a tragic love story, a story of loss and suffering… but also of new beginnings.

When Annie arrives at England and starts to unravel the mysteries of the duchess, she also starts a crazy ride to her own past.

Gus was an attractive character from the start; he had so much Intel on the background of the Duchess story, that you couldn’t stop trying to guess if it was really him.

 Till half of the book, I found myself getting bored by the slow pace and the frequent change from present to past, that’s why it took me a while to get into the book, the characters intrigued me but nothing really happened.

The second half of the book, turned into a thrilling mystery tale, where you couldn’t wait to turn to the next page.

Overall, what captured me about this story was the fact that it showed us, that it’s never too late for love and that if it was strong and real many years ago, there’s still a chance that you can go back to it!


It also amazed me, how much Pru changed, from the story of the Duchess to Annie’s mom that we first meet in the book, she was strong willed and fun, when Win described her I imagined her as a book worm but also a dreamer, nothing like Laurel.


For pre order on amazon follow this link:


No comments:

Post a Comment