Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My Skylar by Penelope Ward

My Rating: 5 Stars
Sex Scenes: Yes.
Series: No.
Subject:True love that stands against time.
Synopsis
From the author of the Amazon #1 bestselling romance, Jake Undone, comes a friends-to-lovers story of longing, passion, betrayal and redemption……with a twist that will rip your heart out.

Skylar was my best friend, but I secretly pined for her. One thing after another kept us apart, and I’ve spent the last decade in fear of losing her forever. 

First, it was the cancer, but she survived only to face the unthinkable at my hands. Because of me, she left town. For years, I thought I’d never see her again.

But now she’s back…and living with him. 

I don’t deserve her after everything I’ve put her through, but I can’t live without her. This is my last chance, because she’s about to make the biggest mistake of her life. I can see it her eyes: she doesn’t love him. She still loves me...which is why I have to stop her before it’s too late. 

My Skylar is a STANDALONE novel and a companion to Jake Undone.

**Contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+ 

My Review

I got this book as a freebie on the Romance Read of the month Club and loved it!

I couldn't put it down, it's a heartbreaking story about two people that met when they didn't even know what love was, but have been in love with each other ever since. 

Mitch and Sky were best friends and then life got in the way and they had to part. But lucky for them the universe still had some plans for the two and they kept meeting through life, but the timing was always off.

I found myself feeling sorry for them, life can't seem to give them a break and even though some might think of this story as a tragedy, it's really a Love story. Real life love, where there's pain, illness and overall things are not fair.

The world tried to break them down but their love was always there, even through the unthinkable, when they thought there was nothing left, love found a way back.

I connected with the characters in such a deep level, that I was unhappy when they were and I couldn't wait to keep reading to see if they were going to find their way back to each other. 

Even when they were doing the wrong thing, I still understood. Their love couldn't abide by the rules, it was timeless and couldn't be limited. They fought to do the right thing but they both realised in the end how miserable that made them. 

They couldn't breathe without the other, it was like leaving half a life. 

I'm in love with their story!



Add on Goodreads         Get on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment