Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Monday, January 18, 2016

FORGET ME NOT...Charity Anthology Supporting Alzheimers and Brain Health by Tammy Falkner, Jane Charles, Lexi Eddings, Ava Stone, Lj Charles, Caren Crane, Diane Franks, Jerrica Knight-Catania, Andris Bear, Marquita Valentine


So this is the second book that has taken me back to my grandma this week...

I got this book for an Honest review on Netgalley and since its full of stories I first thought about saying a little bit about each.



But first and most important, this book was published to raise awareness on Alzheimer and raise money to help in the research of finding a cure to this disease.

I myself have been touched by this horrible disease, my grandma who was the most important person in the world for me, suffered from it some years  years ago, and watching her suffer and loosing herself without being able to do anything to help her was one of the worst things that has ever happened to me.

We need a cure now!

As I said before, I was going to write about each short story in the book, but after I finished reading it I realized that the beauty of this book relies on the reasons behind its publication.

The stories are beautiful and amazingly written and I'm sure you will cry your little heart out on the last one like I did, but what's most important is the fact that by reading it you will have a bigger understanding of how devastating this disease really is, it takes away the people you love.

From personal experience I can say that the earlier times of the disease are the worst for the person suffering them, being conscious that you don't remember the people that are in front of you and realizing that you are slowly slipping away.

Then afterwards there's a time when the person in front of you is no longer the person you love, and even though they can't talk anymore you can see they are suffering and the pain comes from the fact that there's nothing you can do about it.


I hope you will read this book and help in any way that you can, cause we need all the help we can get to fight this!





No comments:

Post a Comment