Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Friday, April 28, 2017

Tell Me How This Ends by Victoria De La O

My Rating:  5 Stars
Sex Scenes: Yes, mild.
Series: Yes, Tell me series #1.
Subject: How much are you willing to give up for someone else's happiness.
Synopsis
Brothers Jude and Ryan McAllister are inseparable. When Jude stepped in to raise Ryan after the death of their mother, it became the two of them against the world. But the scars it left were bone-deep. Then Lizzie Price comes along.

Lizzie hopes Ryan’s kindness can help heal her wounds from a toxic relationship. But when she meets Jude, their powerful attraction makes him difficult to resist. The problem is, Lizzie doesn’t realize Jude and Ryan are brothers, and they don’t know they’re falling for the same girl.


By the time the truth comes out, everyone is in too deep. Ryan is in love, Jude is in denial, and Lizzie wants both brothers. All of them agree that no one deserves to get hurt. But love and desire have a way of testing even the strongest bonds.

RITA Nominated TELL ME HOW THIS ENDS Sale Alert!
In TELL ME HOW THIS ENDS Ryan is in love, Jude is in denial, and Lizzie wants both brothers, but by the time the truth comes out everyone is in too deep. No one wants to get hurt, but love and desire have a way of testing even the strongest bonds. Fans of Tamarra Webber and Erin McCarthy will adore this emotional and heartfelt RITA nominated family drama.
Snag it while you can for just $1.99! 

Letter from the author:

Dear Readers,

Years ago a restless, troubled man sprang to life in my head, and he wouldn't leave me alone. He had a younger brother that he loved more than anything in the world, so I sat down and tried to write their story. And it wasn't very good. But these brothers--Jude and Ryan--never left me. A decade later, I realized that, like Frankenstein's monster, they were waiting for me to create their loves. And a few months later, Tell Me How This Ends was born. 
The book is the first in the Tell Me trilogy, which is heartfelt, fun, and sometimes emotional. It was my pleasure to follow Jude, Ryan, and their friends through three books. I'm not going to lie; there were tears when I wrote the final scene.
I am so honored that Tell Me How This Ends has been nominated for a RITA award, but I'm even more humbled by the readers who have taken the time to tell me they love the book. I hope you love it, too.



My Review

Book given in exchange of an honest review by the author.

I have no idea where to start, this book was just so much! 
I had a blast reading it and at the same time I suffered from a deep depression for a while, trying to figure out how could things get better without all of the characters dying from sadness.

The situation in which these three people find themselves is unique and disastrous at the same time. It doesn't seem to be a way to fix this in which all of them can be happy, it's just a disaster waiting to happen. 
And still, I couldn't put it down, the whole story was hypnotic, I kept expecting things to go very wrong, but the characters were so truthful and honest, that they never crossed that line and I couldn't have been happier.

I loved the three of them! The part I found amazing was that the author accomplished something beautiful, she created these people who even though they were in the worst situation possible, they still made all of the best decisions, so we don't feel the need to judge them on them. I've read a lot of books where the characters are faced with this love triangles and in one point or the other, one of them makes a wrong decision or crosses a line that can't be uncrossed and we hate them a bit for it. 
This was never the case in this story, I could feel their pain, Ryan who ignored his brother's feelings and looked the other way, Jude who would have given anything for his brother, even if it meant giving up his own happiness; and Lizzie who couldn't forget him, even though she tried, and made all of the right choices he has a piece of her heart and she couldn't shake him

I felt so proud of Ryan, he was the strongest of them all, even though he was the one who all of them felt the need to protect, in the end he took the decision making in his hands and became the better man, because he loved them so much and he had the strength needed to sacrifice himself.

Jude was a peculiar kind of guy, he seemed detached from life, like nothing could ever reach him. Until he saw Elizabeth, she was a mess, far away from what he usually liked, but she was the perfect imperfection for him. 
Their relationship was beautiful for me, because they brought the best out of each other, but it was ugly. No heart and roses for these two, they had passion and they fought teeth and nail to avoid opening up to each other, but there was this inevitability about them. 

Jude's vulnerability almost killed me, once he opened up, I was done for, he is the kind of bad boy you always wanted but couldn't get close, and now he is all yours!


Check this amazing read out! 




Add on Goodreads
Get now on Amazon   Nook   iTunes  Google  Kobo  Overdrive



About Victoria De La O
Victoria De La O is the award-winning and RITA®-nominated author of the Tell Me romance trilogy, including Tell Me How This Ends. A native of California’s Silicon Valley, she spends time hanging out with her family, arguing about films, and partaking in chicanery.
She also enjoys writing about women’s issues, practicing Wonder Woman spins, and talking to readers, so hit her up on Facebook or Twitter.






No comments:

Post a Comment