Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Hit Me (The Bailey Boys #2) by P.J. Adams

My Rating: 4 Stars
Sex Scenes: Yes.
Series: Yes, The Bailey Boys #2.
Subject: Letting her go would be what he did for love.
Synopsis
I think I love you, Lee. Now kill me.

What do you do when the woman you've fallen in love with makes the most impossible demand? Comply and you've lost her forever. Refuse and you've lost her all the same...

I don't do relationships. I don't fall. 

I've never needed to. 

I'm the bad guy, the one with the reputation. A London gangster, now living it up on Spain's Costa del Crime. Bad men like me have always attracted good women – and bad ones, too. Sometimes it's hard to tell, and I've yet to make my mind up about her.

Imelda. 

She had Trouble written all over her from the start. That, and one of the Costa's most feared crimelords watching her every move.

The sensible thing would have been to turn away, leave them to it. Do anything but allow myself to fall for her.

But who am I trying to kid? From that very first encounter we'd gone way beyond sensible.

Hit Me: A steamy, edge-of-the-seat romantic suspense thriller from the author of Trust and Black Widow.

This is a standalone steamy romantic suspense novel with no cliffhanger and an HEA.














Second book in the Bailey Boys series and this time it's Lee's turn to bite the dust.

By now we have fallen for these boys, we got to meet them in the first book, and we couldn't get enough of them. Lee was one of my favourite, the tough guy on the outside and the joker and sweet boy on the inside, but let's not be fooled by all that, he is still a Bailey so violence and death seemed to keep following him wherever he is.

First, I have to say the guy in the cover doesn't look anything like my Lee, so I'm keeping my version of him... **** Tom Hardy****....

Moving on, the boys have changed location since the last book and are now established in a new place that has very different rules, and Lee's choice of getting back in the game could forever change his life or end it.

Imelda was an enigmatic character, she always took what she wanted from people, that's how she survived, she used them and run. But this time things were different, she got attached, and the game changed, she wasn't sure she would be able to run and leave him behind.

People do desperate things in desperate times and that's how her life was, simply hanging by a thread, she had to get away or forever be trapped there.

Lee didn't get attached, but things were different with her and he realised he would do anything for her, even if he broke his heart in the process.

A thrilling story, with a lot of violent scenes and some crazy sexy moments between the characters make this story a big success.

Love is a really strange animal, and when paired with crazy passion and some fierce attraction it can unleash hell.









No comments:

Post a Comment