Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Shut Up and Kiss Me (Lost Boys #2) by Jessica Lemmon

My Rating: 4 Stars
Series:Yes, Lost Boys #2
Sex Scenes: Yes.
Subject: Becoming a better version of yourself and finding your true love.

Synopsis
Cade: I tried. I really tried. I should be out of this small town by now, finishing my law degree and partnering up with my buddies, but I couldn’t resist one last street race. Now I’m sidelined in the hospital, and while my injuries will heal, I’m not so sure my voice will return. What kind of attorney can’t talk? Yeah, exactly. I’m afraid that I won’t be able to come back from this... until Tasha Montgomery reawakens every competitive bone in my body.


Tasha: I nearly watched Cade Wilson die on that lonely stretch of road. He’s damn lucky just to be alive, even if he doesn’t realize it. I know he’s destined for bigger and better things, but I don’t mind helping him get there as he relearns everything he took for granted. Cade’s a good student, a real perfectionist; I can tell how much his stutter bothers him. But when he lets his kisses do the talking, everything else disappears. And one day, maybe he’ll be able to tell me that he wants me—as much as I want him.

My Review

Book given for an honest review on Netgalley.

Second book in the Lost boys series but it can be read as a standalone.

Tasha and Cade were definitely fun to read about, their interactions were always hilarious and he couldn't help himself from looking at Tasha and and wanting to do so much more with her.

They were both damaged and tainted by their past relationships failures, but if they gave each other a chance they would be surprised by how similar and compatible they actually are.

The accident changed something inside Cade, is was like a wake up call and he realized that he didn't want anything of his old life back, his priorities changed and now he only needs to convince the girl he wants that he is the one for her.

Tasha is a really strong woman, even though she has had a privileged life, she has earned her spot in her job and her almost degree by hard work, no handouts for her.

She hated Cade, well the old Cade, the new one is actually really likeable and she is having a lot of trouble remembering the reasons why he is not a good guy.

They had great chemistry from the start, and I think his loss of speech actually helped him pay attention to what's really important in life and get to know the real Tasha a little bit more.

It was a story about learning how to be yourself again after having your life knocked over, it can happen with an accident or with someone really hurting you and changing life as you know it.


Add to Goodreads                     Get now on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment