Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Bookish by Olivia Hawthorne, Olivia Long

My Rating: 4 Stars

Series: No.

Sex Scenes: Yes.

Subject: Finding the greatest love of your life and learning to love yourself.

Summary
My name is Aubrey Britton. I was your every day average nerdy book blogger, obsessed with the hot guys on the covers but lusting from afar. I knew I'd never meet a guy like the ones in my books, with muscles like that, with eyes like that, with a mouth like that. 

I knew I was destined to be an old maid, get a bunch of cats, work at a book store and live in my fantasy world until the day I died. 

Hot, steamy sex was something reserved for the girls in my books, not a girl like me. 

Until the day I literally fell for Isaac James, the hottest man to grace the cover of any romance novel. 

And he wanted a girl like me. 

And he had muscles like that. 

And eyes like that. 

And a mouth like that...and was a filthy talking sex god in the bedroom. 

But we both had our secrets and we both had our guarded pasts. When all was revealed, would the nerdy book blogger get the guy? 

Or was I destined to be alone forever? 


Rated 18+ for insta-love, filthy talk, dirty sex and swoon worthy descriptions of the hottest man in the world. 

My Review

I got this book by the author for an honest review and I have mixed feeling about it.

Let me explain, I really enjoyed the story, the idea of your dream man falling head over heels for you is just brilliant! 

He was HOT, perfect in every way and he wanted her like she was which made him even dreamier.

Now, Aubrey's character ... mmm she had such a low self-steam that at moments I wanted to kick her and stop reading. She saw herself so horribly that she spent most of the courtship time with Isaac thinking about her supposedly ugly body and why would he be into her.

Her friend Chloe, WOW, she is a bad person; yeah I'm going to call her that, how can someone be such an awful friend, just because you had a crush.

And then again, Aubrey found herself in a horrible situation that she could have avoided, yeah, she should have kick her to the curb on the first night.

You should NEVER let someone treat you the way she treated Aubrey, you deserve to be loved by your friends, if they are not happy when you are, then you need to start analyzing if they really are your friends.

On another note, the sex scenes were perfection, they made sense and they got into the steamiest sexy moments.

Overall, I really liked the book, it was different in a good way, just don't take Aubrey as an example, even though she went through a crazy transformation, she was really bad to herself during most of the book.









Add in Goodreads



Get now on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment