Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Sunday, November 25, 2018

A Dog's Purpose (A Dog's Purpose #1) by W. Bruce Cameron

My Rating: 5 Stars
Series: Yes. A Dog's Purpose #1
Sex Scenes: No.
Subject: The biggest heart of all.
Synopsis
The beloved fifty-two week New York Times bestseller by W. Bruce Cameron, A Dog's Purpose is now a major motion picture from Amblin Entertainment in association with Walden Media and distributed by Universal Pictures! This remarkable story of one endearing dog's search for his purpose is directed by Academy Award-nominated director Lasse Hallström and stars Dennis Quaid, Britt Robertson, Josh Gad, K.J. Apa, Juliet Rylance, John Ortiz, Luke Kirby, and Peggy Lipton.

Heartwarming, insightful, and often laugh-out-loud funny, A Dog's Purpose is not only the emotional and hilarious story of a dog's many lives, but also a dog's-eye commentary on human relationships and the unbreakable bonds between man and man's best friend. This moving and beautifully crafted story teaches us that love never dies, that our true friends are always with us, and that every creature on earth is born with a purpose.


Bailey's story continues in A Dog's Journey, the charming New York Times and USA Today bestselling direct sequel to A Dog's Purpose. 

My Review

A Beautiful story about the best kind of friends we get in life. And the fictional idea that this perfect souls could be going from one life to the next, making people happy but never forgetting their loved ones.

It makes sense that someone as pure and perfect as a dog would live a thousand lives where they could accompany the humans through their good and bad times.

I was reading this book on a plane and I was straight out crying, probably scared some people too lol.

The emotions dog evoke in me are incredible, I've had the chance to share my life with four different dogs, each one amazing in its own way.

I usually joked about one of my family dogs being sent by my fist dog. When my first dog died I was no longer living in my parent's house and a couple of months later my family got a new dog. This dog and I had never met, but from the moment she saw me she loved me. And every time I came back home to visit she would celebrate my arrival the same way my old dog used to do. 

I always found it interesting, but maybe there is a little secret magic involved too.


Add on Goodreads         Get now on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment