Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Black Widow (Club Bridge #1) by Lauren Runow

My Rating: 4  Stars

Series:  Club Bridge #1 but this is a Standalone novel.

Sex Scenes: OH yes!

Subject: Overcoming tragedy and finding yourself again.

Summary:
Preston
I bury my pain in a sex club. I can be anonymous and still be faithful to my deceased wife's memory. At the club, I can give and receive pleasure without guilt or attachment. My mask hides the lies of my past. 

Kamii
My marriage ended tragically. Since then, the only excitement in my lonely, pathetic, workaholic life is reading erotic novels. However, I now have the chance to be whoever I want to be, where no one knows my past and will never be my future.


When their worlds collide, fantasies become a reality by pushing boundaries. The anonymity of Bridge offers protection from painful pasts, cunning schemes and dangerous lies. But when the masks are removed, there are no safewords to protect hearts and lives from buried truths.

My Review

I got this book on Netgalley for an honest review and I don’t know where to start, I loved this story so much! 

It had one of my favorite subjects, BDSM & Sex Clubs, I really enjoy the mystery of those types of places and in this case it was even better. 

The masks gave them the right amount of anonymity to be able to let go of their fears and hardships of theirs pasts and enjoy the pleasure of uninhibited sex.

Kamii was my favorite character; I have been choosing female characters over males in the last books I’ve read which is weird, because I always fall for the guy and find most women weak. But Kamii here was strong and owned her sexuality, she had been hurt and she knew what she wanted.

She needed the help of her friend at first but when she found the rhythm there was no stopping her, until reality and fantasy crashed and she needed to help Preston better known as “Mr. Mysterious Eros”, she was the only one who could do it.

Preston character was okay, I was bored by the “I just want sex without connection speech” but lucky for us he let all that go as soon as he met Kamii and we love him for that.

The sex scenes in and out of the club are just impeccable, they had a connection since that first time at the bar and it only grew with time.

This type of sexual chemistry is not normal, the writer really understands how this concepts works, it’s not just a huge amount of sex it’s the magnetism between the characters, the way they move like they are in sync with each other and the connection they share even though they are having sex with someone else.


Full of sexy sex scenes and a lot of thrilling dangerous situations this book is a fast and fun read.
Apart from the good sex you can also read about moving forward after some awful tragedies. 
Life goes on and you only have one, so you better make good use of it, you never know if love will find its way back to you and you may find what you didn’t know you needed.

Add on Goodreads

Get NOW on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment