Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Combative (Combative #1) by Jay McLean

My Rating: 3.5 Stars

Series: #1 Combative series.

Sex Scenes: Yes.

Subject: letting go of the past and your fears. 



Summary: 
We all play victims to our pasts; to the choices we make and the lives we create. 
They define who we are. 
And sometimes if we're lucky enough, the past stays where it belongs: in the past. 
I'm not one of the lucky ones. 
I never have been. 
Because now the past is knocking on my door, offering deals I have no choice but to take… deals that will help bring justice—not just for me, but for my brothers. 


The problem? 
The deal is a ticking time bomb. 
One I didn't know existed. 

Tick. 
Tock. 

My Review
I got this book for an honest review by the author.

I was captivated by the cover, it’s just Breathtaking! I didn’t get much from the summary but I risked it, it was worth it!

The main characters of this book are two people that have been hurt, we are not sure how that happened at first but we get to know Kyler a little bit by the end of the book, he is such a nice troubled guy but his heart is golden, I was definitely crushing on him!

Madison is just a mystery and if I’m being honest I kind of hated her, he opened his house and his heart to her and she just couldn’t be honest, you can’t love someone and still be dishonest with that person. Love is about showing the worst of you and having the other person accept it, everyone loves the nice parts, but it’s the darkness that made us who we are and by not sharing that we are hiding.

I don’t know how he stood there and just let her not answer the questions he had for her, a little mystery is nice, just plain lying is another.

I’m sure she had her reasons, but lies are a dangerous animal, if you keep them trapped for too long they might just break free and destroy everything around them.

Regardless of the lies, she was really good for him on other aspects, she was able to show him that he was worth it, and because of her he changed and grew up, he was able to leave the past behind… for now.


That Cliffhanger… I need to know what happened next!




Get now on Amazon

Add to Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment