Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Their Virgin by J.L. Beck

My Rating: 3 Stars
Series: Yes.
Sex Scenes: Yes.

Synopsis
What's better than one brother, of course two... 

Logan and Luke Armstrong are deliciously dirty twin brothers, that also happen to be Isabella’s next door neighbor.

Construction workers by trade their bodies are to die for. With ripped muscles and abs for days, Isabella finds it nearly impossible to avoid staring or watching them. 

When both of the gorgeous Armstrong twins discover the shy, virgin, bookworm next door has been spying on them they offer her a deal she can’t pass up.

One night. Unbridled passion. No strings attached. What does she have to lose, besides her virginity, and possibly her heart? 


With two men awakening the need deep inside you, how can you say no to love?

My Review

I got this book for an honest review and I regret to say this, but I was not as trilled as I though I would be.

This is not a threesome story, we know that sometimes characters have a life of their own and change paths; so I have to warn you, if that's what you were looking for, then this is not the book for you.

That being said, the idea of the story had so much potential, unfortunately it fell short in my opinion. The characters were good and the writing was great too (not counting the spelling mistakes, since this was a pre release copy), but the development of the story and the characters just didn't work for me.

We are used to fast love in romance books but this one felt fake. 
They have known each other for less than three days in which they have talked 15 minutes tops and they were professing eternal love to each other, it just didn't feel right.

They were definitely in lust, but I had a problem with Isabella saying she knew he was the one who she wanted to give her virginity to and loved him, since the moment she saw him, that was actually like two second ago.

The sex scenes were the best part of the book, he was really intense and she wasn't as Innocent as she looked which made the scenes really sexy and hot!


I think the book could be really good if the author decided whether its just a sex based book and kept the whole love part for some other time, or if she wants to give the characters a little bit more of a story and background on which we can base the love they supposedly feel for each other, otherwise it's just not working for me.



Add on Goodreads        Get now on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment